- Stain Removal – Red Fix employs the proven red-removal properties of Metabisulphite to remove the colour from the toughest dye stains including wine, red cordial and cool drinks.
- Two Part System – The two part system ensures maximum performance for the most stubborn stains.
- Versatile – Red Fix also removes colour from stains caused by juice, coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages, cool drink, cellulosic browning and many foods.
- Fibre Safe – Red Fix is safe for use on natural and synthetic fibres, however fine fabrics must be pre-tested for fibre and dye stability before use.
Application areas and surface suitability
Carpets and fabric stain removal
Even stronger stain removal can be achieved by using the iron method. However extreme caution should be exercised as colour loss or fibre damage can occur.
How to use
Always pre-test in an inconspicuous location for substrate sensitivity to chemicals. Some fabrics and delicate carpets may experience colour loss.
Mix equal amounts of Part A and Part B in the mixing bottle provided.
- Remove by steam extraction as much of the stain as possible, doing extra dry vacuum strokes.
- Mix equal amounts of Part A and Part B in the mixing bottle provided.
- Apply solution directly onto the stain and agitate briefly.
- Allow 10 to 30 minutes reaction time for stain removal. Some stains will respond within 5 to 10 minutes whilst others may require up to 30 minutes.
- Extract or blot with a clean white absorbent cloth. Do not rub.
- Stubborn stains may require the use of heat which must only be done with extreme caution.
- Heat is best applied using a steam iron. Apply Red Fix solution and then place a damp, white terry towel over the area. Heat the towel with the iron. Take extreme caution not to burn the carpet or overheat the area. Only heat as much as is required to create dye transfer onto the terry towel.
- Rinse the area with clean water or Rinse Pro.