- Precise Chemistry – Formulated using a precise blend of “nano – small particle” fluorochemical technology with specialist penetrating solvents to achieve a high level of penetration into small-pore, dense substrates.
- Premium Protection – Provides premium protection against water and oil borne contaminants including; food and beverage stains, oil & greasy spills, biological growth such as mould & mildew, spalling, efflorescence, pollution and weathering.
- Versatile Application – Solvent base chemistry provides premium protection to a wide range of substrates but with special distinction on natural stone surfaces, porous engineered stone and clay products.
- Natural Look – Does not alter the natural look of fine stone nor change its surface texture, slip characteristics or colouring.
- Surface Safe – Will not etch or cause discolouration of marble or fine stone.
- Vapour Permeable – Won’t trap moisture. Allows natural stone to “breathe”.
- Safe to Use – Solv Sealer Gold does not contain chlorinated hydrocarbons and is not a suspected carcinogen.
Application areas and surface suitability
Formulated to provide ultimate protection from staining to all forms of fine stone, masonry and cementicous surfaces including:
- Granite, marble, limestone, travertine. (Polished, honed, exfoliated, flamed or saw cut)
- Basalt and Bluestone
- Terracotta, Saltillo, Quarry and Terrazzo.
- Sandstone and Slate.
- Masonry and concrete.
Solv Sealer Gold will provide ultimate protection for up to 15 years. However application methods, weather conditions, traffic and harsh cleaning methods will affect wear. Avoid use of solvents, strong acids and strong alkalis for extended sealer life.
Cleaning with Actichem Proneutro is recommended.
It is recommended that the sealer should be re-applied every 5 – 7 years where harsh conditions exist.
Not to be used as a sub-terrain waterproofing. Should not be applied if temperature is above 40 degrees or if rain is expected within 2 hours of application. If rain has preceded the application, the surface should be allowed 24 hours to dry completely.
How to use
Read and understand the SDS before use
Always pre-test in an inconspicuous location for sensitivity to chemicals.
Coverage can vary dramatically depending on the degree of porosity, but is normally 5 to 10 m2 / Lt per coat for open structure, highly porous substrates. And 10 to 20 m2 / Lt per coat for dense, less porous substrates.
Application on large concrete areas should be based on a preset coverage rate using a dedicated sprayer or painting equipment. No subsequent removal of excess product is required.
- New installations must be fully cured before application of Solv Sealer Gold (Min 48 hours, however some concrete installations may take up to 7 days to cure. Confirm with the structural engineer).
- Existing stone and grout must be totally clean, dry and chemical free.
- Coverage can vary dramatically depending on the degree of porosity, but is normally 5 to 15 m2 / Lt per coat for open structure, highly porous substrates and 10 to 20 m2 / Lt per coat for dense, less porous substrates.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight. Temperature must be between 10°C and 28°C.
- Highly absorbent surfaces will require two coats.
Ready to use
- Apply 1 to 3 coats of Solv Sealer Gold by generously saturating the surface using a polish applicator, roller or sprayer to an area which can be easily reached. (Approximately 15m2).
- Ensure even coverage.
- The surface must be shiny wet with a liquid film for at least 1 minute. For very porous substrates more sealer may need to be applied.
- Allow 5 – 10 minutes for the sealer to absorb into the surface and then move the excess product with a squeegee to a new section.
- If a second coat is to be applied, wait 20 to 30 minutes and repeat the process.
- Using absorbent toweling or applicator, wipe off any sealer remaining on the surface after 10 minutes of the last application. Moisten the towel with Methylated Spirits to remove residues which have dried on the surface.
- Allow 12 hours before returning area to traffic. Keep dry for 24 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24-48 hours.
Test results & approvals