How to Use
- New installations must be fully cured before application of Defender CSD 50 (Min 48 hours, however some concrete installations may take up to 7 days to cure. Confirm with the structural engineer).
- Existing stone and grout must be totally clean, dry and chemical free.
- Coverage can vary dramatically depending on the degree of porosity, but is normally 5 to 15 m2 / Lt per coat for open structure, highly porous substrates and 15 to 25 m2 / Lt per coat for dense, less porous substrates.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight. Temperature must be between 10°C and 28°C.
- Highly absorbent surfaces may require two coats.
- Apply 1 to 2 coats of Defender CSD 50 by generously saturating the surface using a polish applicator, roller or sprayer to an area which can be easily reached. (Approximately 15m2). Ensure even coverage. When treating vertical surfaces, start the application from the bottom, moving upwards to avoid uneven coverage.
- The surface must be shiny wet with a liquid film for at least 30 seconds. For very porous substrates more sealer may need to be applied.
- Allow 5 – 10 minutes for the sealer to absorb into the surface. On horizontal surfaces move the excess product with a squeegee to a new section.
- If a second coat is to be applied, wait 20 to 30 minutes and repeat the process.
- Using absorbent towelling or applicator, wipe off any sealer remaining on the surface after 10 minutes of the last application. Moisten the towel with Methylated Spirits to remove residues which have dried on the surface.
- Allow 6 – 12 hours before returning area to traffic. Keep dry for 24 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24-48 hours.
- Hazardous according to the criteria of NOHSC and Flammable according to the Australian Dangerous Goods Code
- Read and understand the Material Safety Data Sheet before use.